Skip to main content

PROJECT TWINKLE : YOU ARE SOMEONE'S SHINING STAR

I stretch my finger in accusation at an acquaintance.
Why look down on people of low estate,
Why cringe at the mention of areas perceived as slum in the metropolis,
How dare You! Why won’t you do something?
So wealth is fearful of the masses, that’s why it resides only in your bosom,
May I ask to partake of the crumbs that roll off your table?
It is no value to you but your cast off makes tomorrow bearable for one like me.

I am deficient now don’t mean my future isn’t shining like the twinkle star,
Even when I wonder what I am now,
One day I might convince myself that despite dirty rags that now clings my skin,
And growling stomach about to devour its neighborly intestines and liver as food,
I may just believe that I am that diamond in the sky.
But now I need help to stay the dripping faucet that calls itself my shelter,
The holes in my tent are like observatory I often gaze the heavens, waiting!

Hoping that I am not forgotten here in the cold or baked by the scathing sun,
Maybe today I may receive a miracle from an unfamiliar hand.
Like Joseph, I may be called by a Good Samaritan to meet with royalty,
Then I can trade the rags for warmth, and eat a morsel to save my entrails.
Who knows, maybe someone will make life a bit better than it is right now.
It may even be you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOSPEL IN REVERSE

Its early this morning and am in this vehicle heading to Victoria Island, a man who had joined the bus as we pulled out from the bus stop started with hymns and praises to God, he sang well and had a good number of songs so I flow along and mentally shake my head to the melody of the tune, anticipating to hear a good message to end the singing session. oh boy was i wrong. Although wasn’t so bad though but I think on a fine day if he were selling a product I needed badly, I wouldn’t feel the need to buy from him. I believe in God and I like being attentive to everyone that preaches. Because God is so big I could learn something new and see something of Him from an entirely perspective, so I listen (which is good, most of you don’t). I also have unreserved respect for those who commit time to preach while commuting, it shows just how passionate they are about evangelism and it is one of the many opportunities to reach out to new people every day.   "God loves you and sen

MUCH ADO ABOUT BOO

It’s a thing of wonder to look in my darling’s eyes and see just how beautiful He is. His soft brown eyes radiate warmth and kindness, he is a rarity among men and it gladdens my heart so, to know he belongs only to me. Some calm days, I get lost in thought of him, oh how excited I become to hear his soothing voice minutes as I think of Him and this happens always. Sometimes I think we are so connected no distance is too long to communicate straight to our hearts. You see, I have a mind with wild imaginations, sometimes I wonder if I reside in fantasy land more than normal. Now, I imagine being in a wonderful garden somewhere, anywhere in the world, maybe even as far as Kazakhstan..it sounds really far, if they have the wonderful garden I now picture in my head then its fine, I envisage I am with Him, sitting under a big oak tree, having a picnic and enjoying the warmth of a sunny day. We have lots to eat, ice-cream to counter the heat, candies to munch as we tell hilario

I AM WAITING

  ‘’Am Waiting, Am Waiting, Am Waiting’’ is a makeup chorus in one of the SpongeBob SquarePant’s episode, for those of us who love cartoons. SpongeBob one day found written on the box of Garry’s (his pet snail) food ‘’free gift inside’’ so with great exhilaration he ran back to the grocery store, bought a whole lot of snail food boxes, went home and started eating the snack so he could get the free price in the box. He eventually found one gift coupon which he posted so he could get his free gift by mail post. With this same excitement SpongeBob remained by the post box waiting for hours for the post man to arrive with His gift, at first the wait was stimulating because he knew he was expecting something then after a while he began to worry if His gift would actually come, after some minutes His apprehension began to grow that while he was yet by the post box he got depressed and wept ‘’oh I wasted my whole life waiting by this post for my present’’. Patrick his dumb star fish best