Skip to main content

ADULTRESS DOOM

To know wisdom, instruction and to understand words of insight let the wise hear and increase in learning and the one who understands obtain guidance. Were you not instructed not to forsake the instructions of our father and the teachings of our mother be used as a garland for your head and as pendant for your neck?

When sinners come with enticement and plot to lie in wait for blood, are you not strong enough to refuse consent and flee from such worthless and wicked persons you call acquaintances, or did you not take counsel from our father when He said the man filled with crooked speech, the one who winks with his eyes, signals with his feet, points with his finger and whose heart devise evils, will have calamity come on him in a moment that he is beyond healing?  

Now I laugh at your calamity, terror strikes and I mock you now. Distress and anguish has come upon your flesh and body because you heard and refused to heed, your complacency is now your woe. Do you now wonder where you err? Would you have me remind you of your intoxication with a foreign woman that now brings you much distress?

From the window of my house I beheld you, a young man empty of common sense, passing the street near her corner in the evening, deliberately going through the road leading up to her house in the dark of the night when no one will see you both. Alas, the woman you seek dressed as a prostitute comes out to corner you. Of course she is that loud and wayward lady most people know, she is stubborn and her feet does not stay at home, this minute she is in the street calling on those who pass on their own way, next she is in the market and at every corner you turn she is there in wait.

She quickly gives you a kiss, seize your hand and with boldness declare false affections with the smooth tongue of an adulteress, her beauty overwhelms you while her eyelashes flutters your weak heart.

‘’ I just offered prayers to God and you happened by’’ she cons you as you smile unaware of your impending doom. ‘’ come’’ she says ‘’ I have the most amazing apartment, my beds have linen spread on them and the sweet odor of my signature perfume will put you in the mood’’ she slurs in your ear. ‘’we can make love all through the night because my husband has gone on a trip he took large sums of money and his business will be long’’. With much seductive speech she persuades you and with smooches she compels you.

Straightway you follow her into her house as an ox goes to the slaughter or as a fool till a dart strike through his liver and as a bird hasten into a snare; not knowing that it will cost you your life for many strong men have been wounded by her.

To be safe from an evil woman and the flattering tongue of one who is strange, lust not after her vain beauty in your heart for the price of a prostitute is but a loaf of bread, you will come to penury after all you expend on her lasciviousness. But, adultery with a married woman hunts down precious life. So you are like one that has gone in to his neighbor’s wife; none who touches her will go unpunished.

Did not a wise king articulate ‘’people do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his appetite when he is hungry, but if he is caught, he will pay sevenfold; he will give all the goods in his house’’.

He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it will by his own hands destroy himself. He will get dishonor aplenty and his disgrace when caught will not be wiped away. Drink water from your own cup and fetch from your own well, let it be for you alone and not for the strangers with you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth, allow her breast fill you with delight all the time and remain intoxicated with her love.

Preserve your life from an adulteress. ‘’ can a man hold fire next to his chest and not be burned? Or can he walk on hot coal and his feet will not be scorched?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOSPEL IN REVERSE

Its early this morning and am in this vehicle heading to Victoria Island, a man who had joined the bus as we pulled out from the bus stop started with hymns and praises to God, he sang well and had a good number of songs so I flow along and mentally shake my head to the melody of the tune, anticipating to hear a good message to end the singing session. oh boy was i wrong. Although wasn’t so bad though but I think on a fine day if he were selling a product I needed badly, I wouldn’t feel the need to buy from him. I believe in God and I like being attentive to everyone that preaches. Because God is so big I could learn something new and see something of Him from an entirely perspective, so I listen (which is good, most of you don’t). I also have unreserved respect for those who commit time to preach while commuting, it shows just how passionate they are about evangelism and it is one of the many opportunities to reach out to new people every day.   "God loves you and sen

MUCH ADO ABOUT BOO

It’s a thing of wonder to look in my darling’s eyes and see just how beautiful He is. His soft brown eyes radiate warmth and kindness, he is a rarity among men and it gladdens my heart so, to know he belongs only to me. Some calm days, I get lost in thought of him, oh how excited I become to hear his soothing voice minutes as I think of Him and this happens always. Sometimes I think we are so connected no distance is too long to communicate straight to our hearts. You see, I have a mind with wild imaginations, sometimes I wonder if I reside in fantasy land more than normal. Now, I imagine being in a wonderful garden somewhere, anywhere in the world, maybe even as far as Kazakhstan..it sounds really far, if they have the wonderful garden I now picture in my head then its fine, I envisage I am with Him, sitting under a big oak tree, having a picnic and enjoying the warmth of a sunny day. We have lots to eat, ice-cream to counter the heat, candies to munch as we tell hilario

WHY YOU MUST WRITE A WILL EVEN IF YOU ARE YOUNG

  A re you a young Nigerian man with these listed earthly conditions, I have to ask you a serious question. you have a wife you have children you have something worthy of transfer; Cash, financial assets, real estate, insurance, family heirloom, etc Have you made your will?  Oh; come on now I am not suggesting your death is anywhere close, God forbid. But we can both agree the world is no longer as it was, it has become smaller which is a great thing and the number of things that can kill you has gone past "A thousand ways to die". Let's consider a few trending options of dying; a strange virus (yup, it hasn't gone away yet), Stress from emotional and physical tension which is the leading cause of death in recent times, getting poisoned by a frenemy at a bar, get kidnapped with no ransom, get in a relationship with a murderous psycho, choke on chewing gum as you gossip, etc. I should probably not add to the tension as you read this but you get the drift....we are all